What is SPC flooring?
If you’re exploring new flooring options, you might find many choices. One of the most popular choices right now is SPC flooring. Also known as rigid core luxury vinyl flooring, SPC is a durable and waterproof vinyl flooring choice. SPC is an acronym for Stone Plastic Composite or Stone Polymer Composite. The term refers to the materials that make up the core.
How is it made up?
Here are the layers found in SPC flooring, starting from the top-most layer:
UV rays are harmful to wooden flooring as well as SPC boards. You can get SPC flooring with this optional layer to protect your flooring from discoloration or damage from the UV rays.
The wear layer provides protection to the flooring from stains or scratches. It is a transparent coating on top of the vinyl layer. It is good to get a thicker wear layer for added protection.
Vinyl coat layer
The vinyl layer gives a stone or wood appearance to the floor and looks very realistic. It is also responsible for ensuring the waterproof ability of the flooring.
The unique part of SPC flooring, the core, makes it stable and durable. Made with a mixture of stabilizers and limestone, the rigidity allows the flooring to withstand heavy traffic. Due to the waterproof feature of SPC, the core does not expand or ripple due to water exposure.
Also called the backing layer, the underlayer is the last layer of SPC flooring. It is also an optional layer. Usually made from cork or foam, it is installed to provide insulation and comfort.
Why should I choose SPC flooring?
If you’re looking for the aesthetics of vinyl flooring in a strong and durable option, SPC flooring is the right choice. It is commonly used in the kitchen and bathroom, where there is a need for water-resistant flooring. The pros and cons of SPC flooring might help you decide better if you should choose this option.
- Durable - the strongest point of SPC flooring is its durability. They do not get dented or expanded from anything. They are a great choice for areas with higher foot traffic, including commercial areas.
- Water-resistance - The core of the SPC is designed in such an efficient way that makes it waterproof and protects it from spills.
- Temperature-resistance - SPC vinyl tiles are not affected by varying temperatures, which makes them suitable for areas with air conditioning, humidity fluctuations, or heating systems.
- Noise reduction - If you add a noise-reducing underlayer, the flooring will not sound hollow under the foot. The flooring sounds quieter as compared to other options.
- Easy to install - SPC has a click-lock installation system. The material is easy to cut and install without any extra tools.
- Easy to maintain - You don’t have to do much to maintain the flooring in your home. It is easy to clean and manage with a sweep and mop.
- Affordability - As compared to other flooring options, SPC is still very affordable. However, if you decide to add extra layers or go for thicker layers, the cost may increase.
- Colder - As compared to the WPC alternative, SPC’s stone composite doesn’t hold much heat. This might lead to a colder floor during winters.
- Availability - Since SPC is relatively newer, you might not find it at every other store. However, you won’t face any problem finding it online at places such as 90210 Outlets.
In addition to kitchens and bathrooms, SPC flooring is also used in gyms, sunrooms, restaurants, and laundry rooms.
Now you know why SPC flooring is so in demand. From the ease of walking to the water and temperature-resistant core, you can’t go wrong with SPC flooring. Whether you’re looking for domestic or commercial use flooring, SPC can do it all. For more details or any queries, feel free to reach out to 90210 OUTLETS.